Friday, January 11, 2013

Cookie (Butter) Monster!

Hi again everyone! Hope you've all had a good week and your 2013 is off to a great start. It was super busy around here but I managed to squeeze in a night of baking on Wednesday- sorry for the delay in getting this posted! I bought some cookie butter a couple of months ago but hadn't had the chance to open and use it. I was determined to find something fun to do with it...so why not put the buttered cookie spread back into cookies and add some chocolate? Sounded creatively scrumptious to me! :) Plus, I owed Danny's NEW office a treat! Great way to meet both goals this week. Let me know what you think!

COOKIE BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
What you need for the cookies:
1/2 cup cookie butter

(mine is from Trader Joe's called Speculoos)
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup flour (now that I've tasted it, I would cut this back to 1 cup)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. vanilla

3/4 cup chocolate chips

To make the cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl beat butter and Speculoos with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. 
 
3. Add 1/2 cup of the flour, the sugars, egg, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat till thoroughly combined scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Beat in remaining flour. 
 4. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in chocolate chips (or other desired mix-ins).
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. 
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or till bottoms are lightly browned.
7. Cool cookies on a wire rack.

This recipe made about 3 dozen cookies for me. YUM!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment