Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cinnamon Cupcakes

Hello everyone! I was really busy in the kitchen this past week but I'm saving some of the recipes to blog with you while I'm traveling this week. Since I will not be able to bake as much, blogging should help get me through! I actually made these sweet treats for Danny's office last week and he helped me out in the kitchen! I was SO excited because I got to go out to lunch with Danny and his boss on Thursday- what a delight! It was so nice to meet her and learn more about Danny's office. On the way back from lunch they invited me up to meet everyone so I was really glad to have some goodies to share. I think they were a hit-I even ate one myself which I admit was super tasty! So I'm excited to share this recipe with you- especially because it's not difficult at all! Since it's been a while since my original fluffcream frosting post, I thought I'd go ahead and throw a refresher of that in here, too.

What you need for the cake:
1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
4 eggs
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 

What you need for the frosting:
1 lb box of powdered sugar
1 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
1 stick of butter (softened)
1 12oz jar of marshmallow fluff

To make the cakes:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. 
2. Lightly grease or line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups and set aside.

3. Put your cake mix, pudding mix, water, butter, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla in large bowl and beat with electric mixer on low speed until it is just moistened. 4. Scrape the sides of the bowl if needed then turn up the mixer and beat for 2 minutes more until really light and fluffy.
5. Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.


6. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. 


Now you can prepare your frosting:
1. Beat your softened cream cheese with the butter until combined.
2. Next, beat in the marshmallow fluff until evenly mixed.
3. Mix in your powdered sugar one cup at a time until you've reached your desired consistency- it will be pretty thick!

Frost your cooled cupcakes as you wish- pretty and delicious!
ENJOY!!

And our cutie pie sleeping while we baked!
(Although he should be in the bed- silly guy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment