Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oatmeal Caramel Butterscotch Cookies

I know, I know, just throw in the kitchen sink right? These cookies do have what seems like quite a few ingredients but I swear they're SO yummy!! For some reason I'm on a huge butterscotch kick right now so rather than continuing to eat all the chips out of the bag, I decided it was time I use some in a recipe! The caramel was my twist on the classic Oatmeal Scotchies recipe and I think it really works! I shared these with some friends over the weekend and they were a huge crowd pleaser so try whipping these up for your next pitch in.

OATMEAL CARAMEL BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES

What you need for the cookies:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 granulated sugar
3/4 brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup prepared caramel topping (I used Hershey's from a jar)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag butterscotch chips (I used Nestle brand)

To make the cookies:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat your butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in your eggs, one at a time and beat until well combined. Mix in the vanilla extract and prepared caramel sauce.

3. In a separate bowl, mix your flour, salt, baking soda and oats. 
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to your wet ingredients and mix until well combined. I did this in three batches. Finally, stir in the butterscotch chips. 

5. Place 1 inch balls of cookie dough on your prepared baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.



Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment