Saturday, July 6, 2013

Texas Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!! As usual, things have been a bit busy around the Hlavek household and with some travel mixed in it's made it difficult to find time for the kitchen. Nevertheless, last weekend I wanted to use up some pantry items so I went on a hunt for a new recipe. I know these sound weird- believe me, I didn't think I'd like them either. However, they are surprisingly tasty, especially the day or two after you bake them! I had so many of these stinking Jiffy corn mixes in my pantry that I just had to use one or two of them up. I figured I would give these a whirl and, worst case, just bring them into work if we didn't like them. That didn't happen- we ate them all up right here!!

TEXAS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

What you need for the cookies:
4 Tablespoons of butter (softened)
3 Tablespoons of sugar (I did heaping tablespoons)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 Jiffy box corn muffin mix
1 cup chocolate chips (again, I was a bit generous here)
Sea Salt for sprinkling

To make the cookies:
1. Mix your softened butter with sugar. 
2. Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
3. Next, add your box corn muffin mix and the chocolate chips and mix until all is incorporated.
4. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until the dough is stiffened.
5. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
6. While your oven is preheating you can start to form your balls of cookie dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. 
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Cool on the cookie sheet about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle a teeny bit of sea salt on top as soon as they come out of the oven- I swear this makes the cookies!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment