Saturday, September 28, 2013

Oreo Truffles

Hi Everyone! I can't believe I never posted these- I made them a long time ago! Our house has been on the market now for 2 and a half months...I decided at the beginning that for all of our showings, I would make a treat for people to take and eat as they walked through the house. I had hoped this would persuade them that they just LOVED the house and had to have it. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet. Regardless, for the first set of showings I made blueberry muffins...I thought this would be a healthy and standard snack that everyone would eat up. I was wrong! After 3 showings only one muffin was gone. I was so bummed! I had made these truffles for fun the same week just to have something sweet around the house. So, the next showing I put these out to see if they did better than the muffins...8 were missing when we returned! I couldn't believe it! Needless to say, I've steered away from the healthy snacks and am relying on chocolate to get me through. One of these days it's gotta work, right? Anyway, try this SUPER easy, no-bake treat tonight!

OREO TRUFFLES

What you need for the truffles:
1 package Oreo cookies
1 package 8oz cream cheese (softened- you might even use the microwave to get this extra soft)
1 package of chocolate almond bark
1 tablespoon shortening
To make the truffles:
1. Blend the Oreo cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. 


2. Add the softened cream cheese to the Oreo crumbs and pulse until combined. Old fashioned hand mixing works well for this, too.
3. Form into 1 inch balls and place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet. Place in the fridge about 30 minutes until firm.
4. Before pulling the balls out of the fridge, melt your almond bark in a microwave safe dish with the 1 tablespoon of shortening. 
5. Dip the balls in the chocolate and place back on the wax paper. Refrigerate until outside chocolate is set and crunchy. See, I told you this was easy peasy!!



ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment