Sunday, November 10, 2013

GF Chocolate Fudge Cake

Hello! Over the last few months one of my nieces has been struggling with some tummy troubles. In the process, she's gone gluten and mostly dairy free (she can still do eggs). This has made for some baking challenges!! But, it's about time I start a section on the blog for some gluten free recipes as many people have this same allergy. This was my first attempt but the entire cake was eaten so I'm guessing it was pretty tasty!! Have a go and let me know what you think!

GLUTEN FREE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE

What you need for the fudge cake:
6 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate (I used the Enjoy Life brand since they're dairy free)
1 stick unsalted butter (again, I used Earth Balance for dairy free)
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Glaze:
4 ounces chopped chocolate
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (again, I used Earth Balance for dairy free)
1 tablespoon cream (I used almond milk for the dairy free)

To make the fudge cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9 inch cake pan (or spring form pan), then line with parchment paper.
2. Melt your chopped chocolate and butter in the microwave on low, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth (about 2 minutes).
3. Transfer melted chocolate into a bowl and whisk in your cocoa powder and eggs, one at a time, until smooth.

4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes until the center of the cake is just firm to the touch.
5. To make the glaze, melt your butter in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add chopped chocolate and almond milk. Mix until melted and smooth.

6. When your cake and glaze have cooled, spread the chocolate sauce on top of the cake and serve. I'm sorry, I forgot to get a picture of the final product!

ENJOY!!

ps. Here's some pics of Ted Ted playing while I baked!


No comments:

Post a Comment