Monday, December 9, 2013

Dream Bars

Hello! I hope everyone has recovered from their Thanksgiving comas and are busy, busy with Christmas shopping! I can't believe Christmas is less than a month away!! With this in mind, I'm already dreaming up my goodie wishlist for this year! (Haha, no pun intended!) Anyway, these bars have been a favorite in my husband's business office and they're SO easy that I'm definitely adding them to my repertoire of Christmas cookies this year. I'm sharing them now in case you need a quick and easy sweet treat in between all of your shopping. I promise, you'll want to bookmark this recipe!

DREAM BARS

What you need for the dream bars:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 sheets)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips*
1 cup butterscotch chips*
1 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
1 cup nuts (optional- I didn't use these)
* You can really use any type of chips you like...almost any topping works on this recipe as long as they get nice and gooey!

To make the dream bars:
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, leave side overhang for easy removal. Spray parchment paper with non-stick spray. 
3. Mix your graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar with a fork until coated. Press evenly into bottom of lined pan.
4. Spread chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and coconut evenly over the top of the crust.
5. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly on top of the chips and coconut.

6. Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated oven. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. 
7. Remove from pan using parchment paper; place on a large cutting board and cut into even bars.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment